In these trying times with a neofascist takeover of the leadership of the most powerful nation in the world and an Illinois legislature passing budgets with regressive flat income tax increases that stick it to the working poor and middle class, it’s our duty to the 99% to provide a vigorous opposition to the two party tyranny, so…
Don’t Demoralize, Organize!
Yes, that’s right, we’re changing things up a bit and meeting on the 1st Monday of the month in August. We are in the process of changing the day of the week and the week of the month for our monthly meetings, based on members input, so check our calendar for the September meeting, as the day of the month might be changing.
There will be many things to discuss including:
- Treasurer Special Election (see details below)
- Discuss changing the monthly meeting day
- 7:15pm Speaker: Presentation on Gather – a new social media platform for empowering activists, Alex Swerdlow, Gather Founder and CEO
- 7:45pm Speaker: Ballot Issues, Dr. Lora Chamberlain, organizer of Clean Count Cook County – a working group of Cook County residents
- 8:15pm Speaker: Candidate seeking recognition to run as a Green in the 10th CD, Aaron Goldberg – completed candidate questionnaire
- August 29th LaSalle Street Tax (SB1970) phonebanking session
- DuPage Greens Drinks planning
Special Election for DuPage Greens Treasurer
I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to Patrick Kelly. Patrick has decided to resign his position as DuPage County Green Party Treasurer. Patrick has done an outstanding job as treasurer over the years and will be missed. Jim Weihofen is the interim Treasurer until this special election is held.
At our August 7th meeting we will be holding a special election for DuPage Greens Treasurer to fill the office until the next regular election of DuPage Greens officers at our April 2018 monthly meeting.
The floor is now open for nominations and will remain open until the special election. Jim Weihofen has accepted my nomination for DuPage County Green Party Treasurer. Additional nominations are being accepted by contacting Steve Alesch, firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the August 7th meeting.
If Facebook is not your thing, you can RSVP here.
Also, please consider donating to the DuPage Greens. It takes lots of small individual donations from people like you to cover the expenses required to support candidates and grow the Green Party in DuPage County, since as I’m sure you know, we don’t take any big money special interest contributions so we can fight for economic, social, environmental, racial and democratic justice for everyone in DuPage County, not just the fat cats.
Chair, DuPage County Green Party