In these trying times with a neofascist takeover of the leadership of the most powerful nation in the world and an Illinois legislature passing budgets with regressive flat income tax increases that stick it to the working poor and middle class, it’s our duty to the 99% to provide a vigorous opposition to the two party tyranny, so…
Don’t Demoralize, Organize!
Yes, that’s right, we’re changing things up a bit and meeting on the 1st Thursday of the month from now on. After polling all our members, it was decided it was the best time to meet for most members.
There will be many things to discuss including:
- A moment of silence for the devastation caused by the global warming supercharged Hurricane Harvey – the worst storm in US recorded history
- How we can do a better job at reconnecting with one another and always treating each other with love and respect
- Distribution of free fresh garden kale
- We will have a speaker on Ballot Issues, Dr. Lora Chamberlain, organizer of Clean Count Cook County – a working group of Cook County residents (Dr. Lora had planned to speak last month but had to reschedule)
- 2018 candidate recruitment
- Review of August 29th LaSalle Street Tax (SB1970) phonebanking session
- DuPage Greens Drinks planning
- Fall State ILGP Conference, 10/28-29/17, Springfield, IL
- Other upcoming Events
Steve Alesch has a bumper crop of kale from his garden, so if you want Steve to bring you some fresh cut and free kale to the meeting, please email him at email@example.com.
If Facebook is not your thing, you can RSVP here.
Also, please consider donating to the DuPage Greens. It takes lots of small individual donations from people like you to cover the expenses required to support candidates and grow the Green Party in DuPage County, since as I’m sure you know, we don’t take any big money special interest contributions so we can fight for economic, social, environmental, racial and democratic justice for everyone in DuPage County, not just the fat cats.
Chair, DuPage County Green Party